Monday, June 21, 2010

Young Goalies Flyers should inquire about

Below is a list I put together of some young promising goalies that are currently blocked at the NHL level by established net minders. I placed them in order of preferrence.


1) Jonathan Bernier LA 21yo (AHL) 30-21-6 2.03 .936 9so blocked by (Johnathan Quick) LA may choose to instead deal Quick given Bernier's elite prospect status. Plus he went 3-0 with 1.00 in the NHL after call up.

2) Jonas Enroth BUF 21yo (AHL) 28-18-1 2.37 .919 5 so blocked by (Ryan Miller) great numbers across the board and has zero shot to unseat Ryan Miller. Plus Buffalo has always been great at developing goalies.

3) Corey Schneider VAN 24yo (AHL) 35-23-2 2.51 .919 4so blocked by (Roberto Luongo) once again,   zeroshot this guy gets a chance. has been a top goalie in the AHL for 3 seasons. Canucks need to be fair and move him somewhere he can play. was a horse logging 60 gms this year plus small NHL stint.

4) Michal Neuvirth WAS 22yo (NHL) 9-4-0 2.75 .914 0 so blocked by (Varlamov and Theodore) though
he could be backup to Varlamov in 2010-11

5) Justin Peters CAR 23yo (AHL) 26-18-2 2.54 .917 1 so Cam Ward is only 26 and still has a cup on his resume'. If CAR decides to go with Peters I am sure Laviolette wouldnt mind a reunion.

6) Dustin Tokarski TAM 20yo (AHL) 27-25-3 2.51 .915 4 so (Nitty and Smith) Niitymaaki is a FA and Mike Smith is mediocre at best so this kid in my opinion is the least likely of this group to be moved since he stands a good chance of getting major playing time at the NHL level this season.

1 comment:

  1. Supposedly they're interested in bringing Nitty back. I hope they don't because he sucks. I was really hoping the Flyers could snag Carey Price, I mean, I think the world thought Halak stole the job but... as we seen last week, Price is seemingly untouchable.

    I like your picks here though but I think the Flyers would have to give up too much, hopefully not but... you never know.

    Even though they're both old, Nabokov and Thomas would be good moves but I don't believe they could afford either one unless they move Gagne, Carter or Hartnell, which out of those 3, Gags and Scott have no trades clauses...

    Peters and Bernier... I'd love to see either of those guys in a Flyers jersey.

    ReplyDelete